Walking is one of the easiest, yet one of the most effective exercises you can give to your body. Walking will help you stay fit and tone your muscles while losing weight.
Yet, only a few are aware that walking can help you lose more than a pound weekly, and even 30 pounds in 5 months period, without including additional workout or some revolutionary diet regime for weight loss. However, you need to know some important principles of walking in order to receive all the benefits of the walking.
The walking place, and your body weight are the 2 most important factors which determine the number of calories burnt during one walking session. For instance, if you walk with an average speed of 5 kilometers per hour, you can burn more than 350 calories in 60 minutes. 5 kilometers more will help you lose additional 350 calories.
You can obtain outstanding results if you make a daily plan and use a pedometer to help you while walking. In this way, you can count steps and calories which will lead to know exactly how many more steps you need to do in order to lose the desired weight.
Knowing this, if you walk and make 6,500 steps every day and you still do not lose weight, you can statistically solve the problem and learn how to add the mileage as per a number of calories you should burn.
Most people should make 2.000 steps in a mile to burn calories, usually, 100 are burnt in a mile. The pedometer will count your steps and you will determine how many calories are burnt and how much more are needed. This is explained below:
- 1 Mile = 2.000 steps and 100 calories burned
- 1 Pound – 3.500 calories
- Losing 1 Pound of weight a week = 500 calories a day
- 000 steps daily will help you 1 pound in a week
You can start slowly and then increase the number of steps. The following tips will help you reach the needed 2,000:
- Walk instead using taxi or public transport
- Walk your children to school, you will both receive the benefits of walking
- Try to park your vehicle far from your final destination
- Get off the bus on the halfway to your home or work, or even more, walk the whole destination
- Avoid elevator, use the stairs.
- Purchase a good-quality pedometer which will record all steps and all calories burnt, in order to control your achievements, and boost the process of weight loss.
The following tips will help you make the routine more interesting and exciting:
- Listen to your favorite music while walking and you will lose the feel of time
- Change your habits, walk more while doing your daily obligations
- Walking alone can become boring routine and activate. Call a friend to join you
- Make your walking interesting and new journey with changing the routes daily.
Walk three times a week for 20-25 minutes, and then gradually raise the routine. The optimal condition is to be able to walk 30 minutes to 1 hour every day of the week. In this way, you will use walking to achieve amazing effects in a completely natural way, and without any strict diets.