Have you ever made soup with sweet potato and carrots? Did you know that sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene)? They are also a very good source of vitamin C, manganese, copper, pantothenic acid and vitamin B6. Additionally, they are a good source of potassium, dietary fiber, niacin, vitamin B1, vitamin B2 and phosphorus.
Here is a recipe that you can try with this seasonal vegetable. This is easy, tasty and nutritious soup recipe.
1 sweet potato
1 celery stalk
1 red onion
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
Salt and black pepper to taste
1. In a saucepan heat coconut oil. Stir in onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes.
2. Add chopped carrots, sweet potato, and celery and cook for 10 more minutes.
3. Add water, cover, lower heat and cook until the vegetables are soft.
4. Stir in coconut milk, fresh grated ginger, salt, and black pepper.
5. Transfer to your blender and mix until very smooth.
6. Drizzle some EVOO and decorate with hemp seeds and micro greens